Saturday, November 15, 2008

So, what's this all about?


I'm living in Bonn, Germany. A town that has the heart of a city, but has had its reason to thrive taken away over and over again. This happened most recently when East and West Germany recombined and Berlin was selected to be the new capital. Bonn had been the head of West Germany for decades, and it had just begun to build a new crazy long glass building along the Rhine river to house the growing government. Magically that is now the building I work in. Alongside German's international radio broadcaster is a UN building and the head of Deutsche Post. Bonn also demanded and kept some of the government departments here. So, even though it is small and quiet, I respect it's stubborness.

But it is not a large, bustling city, which is usually where I thrive. So, my sense of perspective has had to, let's say- readjust. I've come to realize that lots of odd little things tend to happen, and maybe that's not just my luck, but something related to me, period. So, for friends and family (as well as my own need to expose my thoughts and "adventures"), I've decided to break down and start a blog. That way you can opt in, instead of receiving mass e-mails ala when I was a "Professor". Comments and suggestions are MORE than welcome. They are seriously desired. Let me know what you think, what you'd like to know, when I need a reality check etc. I'll try to start a fairly consistent updating and have some *flashback* stories I'll try to get up asap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Looking forward to reading all about your German adventures. Can't wait to visit you in less than a week!!

Lola Takes Pictures said...

Welcome to the blogging community. Can't wait to read about what's going on with you. :)

-lily